To celebrate blog-style, I am going to tell you 32 random things about me (which you may or may not already know, and you may not even care about, but humour me, I’m the birthday girl, remember?)
Here it goes:
1. I was born in a city that has a population larger than the entire province I now live in.
2. I smile all the time. (many people have nicknamed me “smilie” throughout the years…)
3. I am allergic to chocolate.
4. When I was in high school I dreamed of starring in musical theatre productions and wanted to learn to dance so badly that I signed up for a beginner’s class – most of my classmates were seven-year-olds.
5. I used to be a vegan vegetarian (for 10 years!)
6. I met hubby when an acquaintance at my new church came up to me after choir practice and said “I know your soul mate.” She was right.
7. I have a degree in drama in education which makes me a “drama specialist” capable of using dramatic arts as a tool to open the creativity of my students and enrich and extend their learning in all subjects through art and play. (or something like that…)
8. I play the piano.
9. And the guitar.
10. And I try to play the tin whistle, but so far my best tune is a rather slow version of “Mairi’s Wedding”
11. My favourite colour is green.
12. Ice cream is one of my favourite foods (and I just got an ice-cream maker!)
13. I am a big fan of Harry Potter.
14. Almost all of my favourite books were written for children.
15. I don’t have my driver’s license.
16. I love to sing and have been known to sing entire musicals from start to finish, a capella.
17. I have celebrated my birthday with a watermelon with candles in it instead of cake…several times…
18. I still get mistaken for a teenager (I’m not sure whether to be flattered or insulted…..)
19. I want to have my own chickens.
20. I love dogs, and cats and guinea pigs, but I don’t have any pets.
21. I love books and book stores and libraries.
22. I love to canoe.
23. Hubby proposed to me in a canoe in the middle of a river.
24. I said yes. (ok…that was probably obvious but I’m running out of things to write…good thing I’m not turning 50!!)
25. I have an older brother who I forced to hang out with me all through high school when I became friends with his friends.
26. I don’t wear make-up, paint my nails, or do my hair, but I do love to wear skirts and dresses.
27. This is my 10th year teaching. I have taught every grade from pre-school to Grade 5 and have enjoyed every one.
28. This year I am teaching the same class for the third year. My students are beginning to feel like family…
29. I love playing games – hubby and I often play board games or cards while we eat dinner.
30. I hate sitting still and am always thinking of new projects for myself to do.
31. I am easily overwhelmed by all of the projects I create for myself!
32. I have never been good at thinking of profound things to say when the need arises (like finding the perfect thing to say for #32 on your birthday list…)
Thanks to all of you who stop by and read this blog. I feel blessed to know you and honoured that you would think my random bits of this and that worth reading. Thanks for being here! 🙂 If you want to help me celebrate, how about you tell me one random thing about you?