Looking for Giveaway Day? Click here!
I was the winner again this week – yahoo! Thank you to everyone who voted.
With this pattern as the starting point, here is what I came up with:
A blue dress with added dark blue accents.
A floral print dress with a smaller flower on the top, two straps, and a matching bag. The bag pattern (minus the flower, of course) is from the book, Sew Liberated.
Then I really decided to mix things up and created tops from the pattern instead of dresses, in woven fabrics instead of knits. I kept with the two shoulder straps and left the flowers off altogether. Then I made some shorts to match for a complete outfit. The short are from an old Butterick pattern I have, and then I added a little trim to the bottom of the first pair.
Now, since I don’t have any little ones at home, I decided to attempt some adult-sized outfits, too.
First, a knit skirt, created by lengthening and widening the pattern. I added a ruffle on the bottom, too.
And finally, a sundress. Once again I lengthened the pattern and then added the two straps on the top.
What a fun week! I have never done any shirring before this and I am hooked! It’s so easy and so much fun! I’ll definitely be doing more of it in the future. And…the best part is….after this week of sewing I was able to get rid of an entire box of fabric!! One less box to trip over in the sewing room! Hooray!
And now….on to the final challenge! We have two weeks to work on this one – wish me luck! I’m off to sew! 🙂